February 16, 2011

It's Raining Books...A BOOK THEMED BABY SHOWER

I'm back and feeling crafty!  This past weekend I co-hosted a shower for my sister-in-law Emili and her bun in the oven, Thatcher Ace.  Here is an overall peek at the shower...tutorials and templates coming soon.  The theme I guess you could say was books and here are the INVITATIONS courtesy of Emili's good friend Mallory...I love them soooo much and they inspired the entire shower.
The CENTERPIECE was made with paper covered books and a page from an old and very well used Hop on Pop book.  We used the book for a lot of the decor...it was amazing how much we did with just one book.

NAME TAGS inspired by the invitations...and using the Hop on Pop scraps for the mini fiesta flags: 
  
Alphabet COOKIE FAVORS using Hop on Pop scraps for thank you tags: 

More COOKIES using my new favorite toy from Williams-Sonoma: 

CUPCAKES with Thatcher stars again using Hop on Pop scraps: 

Yummy SNACKS labeled with the Hop on Pop pages 
(I told you we used the book a lot;):

The GAMES...Measure the Belly, Baby Gift Bingo and an Alphabet  Book (not really a game...more like an activity)...more details and templates to come.


More Decor: FIESTA FLAGS using Hop on Pop and yarn from the measurement game:

MOMMY TO BE with the CUTEST handmade gift ever!: 

The HOSTESSES with mommy to be: 

THE END...no wait...
TO BE CONTINUED...
(yep that's right there is more to come;)

6 comments:

  1. you win for best party planner! amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute ideas, Katie. I can't wait to plan Jamie's shower with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute shower! I'm looking for ideas for my sisters shower in a couple months and am definately bookmarking this one! I'm your newest follower and hope you'll stop by my site and follow along too! http://copy-cat-crafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! love this post! Do you have a template or suggestion for the make your own alphabet book activity? I would love to incorporate this into a shower I'm throwing in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the invitations! Where did you have them made? I'm thinking of doing a book themed shower myself..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want an ABC book. Are you still making them?? I sent you a message to your ETSY shop. Let me know! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete