March 13, 2011

Upcycled Appliqued Onesies...a perfect gender neutral baby shower gift!

I love upcycling!  Not only is it good for Mother Earth but it can also make things meaningful and let's face it, it's pretty kind on the wallet as well!  
My recent adventure in upcycling began when I was trying to figure out what I could make for my friend Alicia's shower since they do not know the sex of the baby.  Then I realized this would be a perfect opportunity for a couple of upcycling experiments.  I asked her a couple of weeks ago for some of her or her husband's old clothes and she gave me two shirts and a tie.  I put a lot of creative brain power trying to figure out what to make with them.  I originally thought I would make a bib using the shirt below but then I started looking into applique and thought the shirt would make super cute onesies.


Here is the shirt before...well kinda...I totally forgot to take a picture before...but you get the idea of what it looked like...right? 

And after...ta da!

Applique was surprising easy and I would write a nice tutorial for it but why when I can just give you the one I used...
oh how wonderful our social networking world is!

2 comments: