June 15, 2011

A Bird's Eye View of a Nesting Baby Shower

I have been meaning to post this FOREVER!  So last month...wholly cowzers...I can't believe it has already been a month...I cohosted a shower with my wonderful friend Amelia for an amazing friend and very soon to be mommy, Jamie.  The theme, as you can see from the invite, was all things spring...birdies, eggs, nests, etc. 

THE INVITATION:  
I made this invitation using Pages on our MAC...oh how I LOVE our MAC!  The invitation helped to inspire the colors, font, and overall look for the shower.
THE NAME TAGS:  
Name tags inspired by the invites, using my new favorite font.  
THE GAMES/ACTIVITIES: 
MAKE A WISH
Each guest made a wish for baby Emery.  We used this in place of a guest book. 

MEASURE THE BELLY 

Measure the Belly as seen in the Book Themed Baby Shower...we just changed the colors of the yarn.  Here is the link to the labels and directions.
Measure the Belly in progress and final product.

BINGO:  
Bingo...one of my favorites...with the new font to match the invites.  Here is the link for the template from the Book Themed Baby Shower.

MAKE YOUR OWN ONESIE:  
 So I have to admit...this was Amelia's idea and I was not so keen on it in the beginning.  I was honestly thinking...first of all, I have seen it at so many showers and I was thought that it was a little over done and second, I was worried that they wouldn't actually get used.  BUT the final product was soooooooooo cute and I am so glad that we did it!  We had all of the onsies prepped so that all the guests had to do was paint on the freezer paper stencil that we had ironed on the night before.  Here is a link to an awesome tutorial...and here is the project in action: 
And here is the super cutie patootie final product: 

 adorable!

THE FOOD: 
We wanted the food to be delicious and easy so we went with a menu of Orzo Salad, Strawberry Spinach Salad, Fresh Fruit and Chicken Salad Sandwiches...which I got sooo many compliments on that here is the recipe (I added almonds and apples).

THE DESSERTS:
YUM YUM!  Funfetti cupcakes, lemon bars, marbled brownies and cute little rice crispy nests with almond eggs inside.

THE CENTERPIECES:
Lots of fun vases with fresh farmer's market flowers, cute little birds and birdcages.  Oh and I reused the teacups that I had planted with rye grass from the Easter centerpieces.  

THE FAVORS: 
CAKE POPS!  I had been wanting to try these for a long time and they were fairly easy...you just need some patience for the chocolate dipping part.  Here is the recipe from the fabulous Bakerella.  You can basically use any kind of cake, frosting and chocolate.  We used funfetti cake with vanilla frosting and white melting chocolates that we dyed to match the shower colors...oh and then we dipped them in sprinkles...to add some sparkle.  

THE HOSTESSES WITH THE MOMMY TO BE: 

Thanks so much to Amelia, the most amazing cohostess!
I can't wait to meet baby Emery and we are hoping she arrives before we leave on our vacation...HURRY UP EMERY!

No comments:

Post a Comment